Monday, April 22, 2019

An Austrian Parade, Seven Years War


A request was made by FifteensAway for the Austrians to parade after he viewed the previous Seven Years War Parade. I asked the Fencibles who own our other SYW armies if they could be posted on parade and both agreed. This post features Rick Bowes’ Seven Years War Austrian Army, Maria Theresa’s own. Most of the figures are Minifigs. The column of cavalry on the far right of the photo is Old Glory15s cuirassiers that I bought and painted. We purchased our armies about the same time and they were all similar sizes. It struck me later that with anything like realistic rules the Allies needed to outnumber the Prussians. So I beefed up the Austrians and the French. Without further ado, Rick's army:






After taking these photos but before stashing the figures I realized that the Hungarian and Bavarian infantry (Old Glory15s) that I’d used to beef up the Allies were still in their boxes. The Bavarians routinely stand in for Reicharmee troops. Here they are.
The fellow on the left was either just hit or else is staggering home from a pub crawl.

Ah, I forgot the two stands of jagers. Too late now.

Next in the queue: Rick’s British and colonials, his 96 Indians, Bill’s French and my Canadian militia and colony regulars AKA troops de la Marine AKA Franche Companies.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Antoher beautiful and impressive parade!!