Friday, April 12, 2019

I love a Parade


I don’t have a new army to show off. But I do have Crown and Rebel forces for the American Revolution that sat in boxes for a number of years. Recently they saw some action using Rebels and Patriots. I thought the Frying Pan & Blanket 20mm figures deserved their turn on the blog. With no further ado, here are the Crown forces.




Only now do I notice that the last Brunswick standard is laying on its side. Oh well.



And the Rebels/Patriots/Whigs:


Hmm, these mounted militia look like they need a touch-up. My painting has improved a little since these were done.
Half of the Continentals are in hunting shirts. They can stand in for militia when more are needed than are painted. The order of the units in the column after the 2nd Virginia is 2nd New Hampshire, 1st Maryland, Kirkwood’s Delaware in late war hunting shirts, 2nd Rhode Island, 3rd Connecticut and 1st Georgia.

They will see the table in skirmishes. I also hope to field some larger fights like Camden using either Post of Honour (work in progress SYW rules from Keith Flint/Honours of War) or modified Bloody Big Battles. Hey, maybe even stretch Rebels and Patriots to see if that will do.

1 comment:

Phil said...

What a colorful and beautiful parade...impressive!