Monday, July 29, 2019

Lancashire 15mm Vendee rebels


I recently received my order of Lancashire’s Vendee rebels in the mail. I ordered 5 packs, 2 of rebels with pikes and farm implements and 3 with muskets. That should be 50 figures. I count 54. in the photos below they are next to GFI/Minifig’s Vendee rebels, which are conversions from Spanish Guerillas. I started painted them all in sabots when I noted that some (the figures wearing caps rather than hats) had toes. As a result some are painted with bare feet, though in 15mm it is hard to tell, since the sabots are yellowish tan. 


 Here are the musket-armed chaps, with bayonets. Some have a blunderbuss instead. 


 There was minimal flash, mostly on the bottoms of the bases. They are pretty nice figures. I didn’t care much for the rather stocky blunderbuss guys, with vague detail on the front and a truly large hat. The guys with the short sword and pistol have a frantic pose and vague detail. Fortunately both of these poses are rare in the packs. The advancing fellows are OK.


My idea for a painting scheme was 50 shades of brown with a few other colors. Perhaps 6 shades of brown resulted. Next comes varnish and basing.

2 comments:

uiduach OB said...

Excellent! I think the fellow with short sword and pistol will convert handily enough to a standard bearer. Good to see the match size wise with the Minifigs.

vtsaogames said...

Now there's an idea. Thank you!