Friday, August 16, 2024

A Couple Stonewall Battalion Packs

Noticing that one of my boxes of French Napoleonic troops had space to cram some more bases in, I ordered a couple painted Stonewall Battalion packs. Their bases needed green paint but that's it. Glued them onto their Wargames Accessories metal bases with some terrain. Once the postman delivered my Maverick flags, on they went and I spent time getting them to ripple and billow just so. As the glue dried my wife came in. Knowing I'd been waiting for the flags, she said "Is the bird supposed to be upside down?" Argh! No, and it turned out the Wurttemberg flag was upside down too. Some water applied, some fiddly wrestling and they were right side up. But my lovely ripples were no more. The flags were a little the worse for wear. Oh well.

Anyway, here are a couple Stonewall battalion packs. First, the 5th Duchy of Warsaw Infantry Regiment.  




Next up, the Wurttemebrg Infantry Regiment 2 Prinz Wilhelm.




I am pretty sure the figures are what used to be called Fantassin and are now Warmodeling, unless they have changed names again.

1 comment:

Ed M said...

Done the upside down flag thing more than once. These came out well, regardless (they still look lively to me).