Friday, July 12, 2019

DBA Intro, three battles

Last night Jay was introduced to the pleasures of DBA 3.0. I broke out my old plastic Romans and Gauls. We started with my handicap for new guys system, each rolling two dice for pips. The new guy takes the higher of his dice and I the lower of my dice. Jay generously discarded this part way into the first game. With that, let the photos tell the tale.






Was it the fool hardy tactics of the Gallic mobs or the steady dicing by the Roman rank and file that won the day? Perhaps a bit of both.








Here the award must go to the Roman troopers who fought so well out of command, just like I planned it. We broke for dinner, accompanied by the fine wine Jay brought over. And then it was time for the tie breaker.





This time victory can be credited to the poor Gallic plan and the brave Roman troops (and their high dice).

I had two games to Jay’s one, but the Romans won every battle. The two armies seem evenly matched in spite of that. Jay liked DBA a lot and is looking for a set of the rules. All is well. I noted that my plastic Carthaginians, Mongols and Teutonic Knights are all hoping for their time in the sun.

2 comments:

Old Nick said...

Brilliant game write up. Enjoyed it very much!

vtsaogames said...

Thank you, sir.